April 26, 2014

Burn For Me Review!

Burn for you
By,
Marquita Valentine

5-mother-freaking-Stars!!!!



Beau Montgomery is *not* the typical single dad for three reasons:

1. He's rich and famous.
2. He needs a nanny, like yesterday.
3. He has no idea if eight month old, Mia, is actually his daughter.

Only, number three doesn't matter to him, because he's determined to give up everything to be a standup dad, including racing, partying, and his favorite vice-women. Until that is, he's invited to race in Monaco--a dream he's always had. Now, all those things he'd sworn to give up are at his fingertips, including the very inconveniently hot nanny, Landry Basnight, who's traveling with him.

Landry Basnight *is* the typical college graduate for three reasons:

1. She's broke and in debt up to her eyeballs.
2. She needs a job, like yesterday.
3. Nothing exciting ever happens in her life.

Only, number three is about to change, because she's been hired by Beau Montgomery, son of Racing Royalty. Landry's parents are big fans of the Montgomerys, while she couldn't care less--all she wants is to make a dent in her student loans. However, that doesn't stop her from falling in love with her little charge, nor does it make it easier to resist Beau's charms.

Lines are crossed, and then forgotten as Beau and Landry grow closer, but when Beau's ex-girlfriend, who is also Mia's mother, shows up, everything starts to fall apart for the new couple.

Will their love weather the storm, or will Beau abandon Landry for the family he's always wanted?


My thoughts….

I LOVED THIS!!! Let me just say that I was not expecting to like this book as much as I ended up loving it. Don’t get me wrong I was definitely interested when I read the synopsis but it was better than what I even though it was going to be. This is the first book I have read by the author and now I have to read the first four....I guess I should have started out with those.

Beau Montgomery


Wow. What can I say. He is definitely a swoon-worthy dad. When I was reading this book I felt really bad for his character. He was obviously dealing with a psycho and he couldn’t do anything but love her anyway. He finally realized she wasn’t going to change and he put all of his focus on Mia. He doesn’t know if she is his because of said psycho but he loves her with everything he has anyway. I am so glad that even though he was broken by Paisley it didn’t ruin his chance with Landry for long.

He gets even more swoon-worthy when you see him with Landry. From the first time he meets her he is trying to protect her, and sex her up, all at the same time. You, as the reader, can feel the chemistry between them leaping of the pages. He tries to deny it, like every single new parent does but there is nothing he can do about. She gets under his skin and quickly.


Landry Basnight

Landry was a pretty funny through this book. She was a college student that was in so much debt she was working at a bar she had no business working in. Other than that bar led her to Beau for the first time. She was such a great character all around. She was caring and understanding. She was great with Mia and also with how she dealt with the psycho. She tried to include Paisley in everything that was going on and even got Beau to treat her better. She definitely didn’t deserve it.

Landry was pretty smart when it came to the relationship with Beau. She didn’t want to rush right in when it looked like Beau was still in with Paisley. She made them take it slow and didn’t do the insta-love thing. Which it ended up being that but it was beautiful and amazing and I have nothing to complain about.


I loved both characters. Their chemistry was steamy and all-consuming right from the first time their eyes meet. They made a good attempt at trying to stay away from each other but a guy like Beau is hard to resist. I loved the way their relationship grew and evolved throughout the book. I absolutely loved the ending.

The only part I wasn’t too happy with was the end with Paisley. I understand trying to make her not as evil as she is but I feel like it just confused me. We didn’t see any redeeming qualities except that she loved Mia. So seeing her be nice to anyone else, especially Beau, didn’t make any sense to me. I was content to see her as the villain. That part was so insignificant to me the book lost no stars having it in there.

Again if you couldn’t tell I loved this book. I can’t wait to get my hands on the other books and anything Valentine has to offer. 


Buy Links: 

No comments :

Post a Comment