April 1, 2014

Forever My Girl Review

Forever My Girl
By,

Heidi McLaughlin

4 stars!

* There Could be possible spoilers. I will try not to but I would still read at your own risk just in case. Once I get writing who knows what will be in here:-D)


I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. 

Both I broke our hearts That Day When I Told her I was leaving. I was young. I made ​​the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I 've poured my soul into my music, but I've never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.  

And now I'm going back.  

After ten years.  

I hope I can explain That after all this time.  

I still want her to be my girl forever.


My Thoughts ....

"I love you, JoJo. You're forever my girl."

I have read so many reviews and blurbs and things calling this YA. I think it's craziness. I would not consider this YA some of the scenes are flashbacks to high school and the love story started in high school but 99% of the book Has Them in Their Late 20's. YA That is not to me. The book is Relatively clean but I would still consider it a contemporary romance or NA.

Anyway to the actual book. When I read the synopsis of the book I was immediately interested. Who doesn't love an emotional second chance romance? Not me.

 A guy going back to try and convince his girl to come back to him .... after 10 years no less. Liam is going back to His home town for a funeral all the while trying to prep Himself to see the love of His Life again, someone he left there 10 years in August  He goes back and finds a lot more than he ever thought to expect.

Liam Page / Westbury
Liam is living the life he thought he always wanted.He is living it up in Hollywood, making music, going to parties, having any women he wanted.Only he can't sleep with random women. He can only stomach to do it when the loneliness becomes too much.   This whole time he is lonely and regretting the worst decision he ever made. He ruined the one relationship he thought he would always have. Now he is going home to face the one girl he has always will love.

"I Told her I'd love her forever. I said I love you first and promised to never let her go "

I love Liam. He is a sexy rock star with tattoos. I mean who can resist that. I mean Josie puts up a good fight but not even her.   Not only does he realize what he lost he knows it was all his fault. Granted I think some of it was Josie's fault. He would have taken her if she did not have this the the set plan of the life she wanted for them. Liam was very respectful (most of the time) to Josie's current boyfriend / fiancĂ©e. He never liked the guy even in high school but he wanted Josie to be happy even if it was with Nick. He writes most of his songs about Josie and the love he threw away. It's pretty romantic. He tried to apologize with his music even from LA

"Arms of a stranger, a warm-blooded kiss, trying to fill the void, of the One That I miss. 

Perfume whispers, lashes and lace, but I can only hear your voice, I'm so out of place. 
'All These painkillers, that's all they are. 
Painkillers. "


The moment he saw her again he wanted her to be His. He Realized no matter what she was his girl forever. He was great character in this book. He Knew His mistakes were and what His tries hardest to make them right. Even after 10 years.

"I want every part of you in my life, Jojo, when you're ready. 'Ll Be patient ... you will be mine again." 


Josie Preston

"I thought for sure we'd spend forever together. I thought our love was one of a kind. I would almost be okay if he had met someone else and fallen in love, but he did not. He just left. He said he was suffocating. "

Josie Preston thought she had it all. She was the head cheerleader dating the quarterback. She went off to college thinking they would be married someday. Everything came crashing down one night. he showed up at her dorm room and never came back to again. Until ten years later.

Josie Has Been keeping a secret to keep her heart safe after not being Able to reach Liam. He left her so she thought he did not deserve or want to know. I liked Josie's character. I did not love her. She was smart to keep herself as far away from Liam as She Could in the beginning. She did not want to give him the chance to hurt her again. Never mind she had a fiancee. She took being around Liam again slow. Like any sane person would do.

But ...

The way she handles Noah and Liam ....

I mean just let them do Their Thing! She was not being fair. I wanted to yell and reach through the book and punch her in the face.


That's all I have to say about that ... too many spoilers. I am going to try and keep quite the rest of the review. We will see.

Josie Seemed really confused most of the book. She wanted to keep her heart safe and Nick did that. I guess playing dumb to your feelings is better than taking a risk. I'm sure she loved Nick but it could not compete. She soon realized that. But Only when Nick really forced her hand. I mean even her best friend asked her what she was doing. But she soon realized, who can fight true love? Not even Josie could do that ...

"I never thought I'd see the boy who stole my heart and failed to give it back.
I'm not sure I want it back. "


I also wanted to punch Nick right in the face. Yes he has been there for the past 6 years but he has no right to do anything he does in this book. Could not have asked Josie his opinion out of kindness? Yes, but she had no obligation to do that. To me it felt like Nick was just there to stick it to Liam because Liam had her in high school and now he was back he could have her again and Nick knew it. Liam met every demand made ​​by Nick and Josie. He did not even really try and steal Josie back. I mean he made ​​the mistake in his hotel room but he backed off. Josie was not his number one priority anymore but she was his second. It's not Liam's fault Nick lost her. That's what happens when you try and get in between two people meant for each other. And once  Nick realized he was close to losing both of them he tried to move "his" family to freaking Africa.

Who does that?

Grr .....

Anyway this book was a fun read. I enjoyed it. Especially when we got past the whole Liam, Nick, Noah, and Josie thing. It was an emotional read about finding your way back to the one person who has always held your heart. Learning to forgive and finding a life both people can be happy with. I can not wait to read the next one. It looks pretty good.

 "Hey, Josie!"
"What do you want Westbury?" She yells back. I love how some things have not changed.
"Will you marry me?"
Someone kills the music and silence spreads over the field. She moves closer to the water tower and sets her hands on her hips.
"If you're going to ask me, you better do it proper." 

Links 




No comments :

Post a Comment