May 2, 2014

Rivulet Review!

Rivulet
Web of Hearts and Souls #11 Rivulet Series #1
By,
Jamie Magee

5-Can’t get enough- Stars!!!!



Unfathomable forces have always contested Genevieve Indiana Falcon, known as Indie. The curse of her cold touch entraps her just as the grief ignited in her past torments her. Yet, her mysterious ability to dream while awake saturates her in the belief that she was not always anguished. There is hope that one day a true peace in her soul can be found.

Foolishly, Indie assumes she has contained her life in an odd balance, and she cherishes the visions she sees of the enigmatic boy that held her in a lost time, but can never reach. She grieves for a life she fears she'll never possess, and that grief is a weapon she uses against her aunt who stands between her and her inheritance.

Weeks away from her twenty-first birthday, the date where she would assume control over her family legacy, a night terror robs Indie of the balance she was clinging to. Like the dream she had before she lost her family, it predicts a fatal catastrophe on the horizon. The fight between life and death, good and evil, began the moment her thundering heart awoke her.

Everything changed after that dream. The one thing that keeps her curse at bay is stolen, and then the enigmatic boy arrives in the flesh. Face to face with her fiery born-again lover Indie realizes that the only way she can prevent the tragedy before her is to surrender everything she was, is, and could be.

Can she bend the laws of nature and fight the improbability that fire and ice could ever be one? As far as Indie is concerned, there is not a myth, spoken fate, or curse that is stronger than her stubborn desire to have it all ... including him.


The Rivulet series can be read on its own or as #11 in the Web of Hearts and Souls Series.


My Thoughts…

“I was terrified to realize that I loved him. Not his memory, not the idea of him, or even the fantasy of him. I loved HIM.”



I don’t even have words right now.

This book was amazing. I didn’t think that I would like another couple as much or even more than I love Willow and Landen, But Indie and Phoenix did it. I loved everything about this book. I knew I liked Phoenix from the Insight books but now that I have seen him with Indie I have fallen in love all over again. I mean who wouldn’t? That boy is swoon-worthy. Jamie Magee has done it again. Another great addition the Web of Hearts and Souls and a great start to another series. The book was beautifully written, the characters were amazingly developed, and the story line was everything you want in a book. The story line was shocking, new, interesting, romantic, and very very intriguing.

“There is no sense in making love work. It either does or it doesn’t, Two beats, or not two beats. It’s one of the few things in life that are black and white.”

Genevieve Indiana Falcon

Indie was a beautiful character. She was strong from the first time we met here. She has been fighting her evil aunt, seeing visions, controlling Ice, and the grief she feels about the past she has lost. I loved her right from the get go. She was not a push over. Yes she was scared at times but that didn't make her back down from her life. From what I thought she was supposed to be this weak and timid girl and I never saw that. She was a caring and generous woman, broken yes, but beautiful none the less. Indie was also snarky, kick-ass, and a huge smart-ass. I loved every second of getting to know her.

Indie and Phoenix’s love story was heartbreakingly romantic. Indie has had other relationships but she knew that her soul belong to someone she thought was lost in time. There was never a doubt in her heart that the man she sees in her waking dreams is the one that will give her two heart beats. She is probably one of my favorite female MC’s of all time. She never did the love triangle thing even though she was surrounded by hot guys that cared about her and she knew what she wanted and went for it. She never really did anything that I was like WTF.

“Every second of every day, I have thought of you, searched for you, fought and bargained my way to finding you. And when I did…when I figured out I was too late again… it tore me in two.”


Phoenix

I think I have a new book boyfriend.

Phoenix is possessive, swoon-worthy, and a total alpha male. I thought that what happened to Landen and Willow was unfair. Phoenix and Indie have had it worse I think. He has loved her across time and has not forgotten her, even if she has forgotten him. Phoenix wasn’t in the book enough for me. I know what he was doing in the series but I can’t wait to see more of the two of them together.

I think that he was giving up a little too quickly at some points. He wasn’t trying to find a way to save her. He was content to let her go and find her again. I didn’t think that this was something that Phoenix would do. He doesn’t seem to be one to give up easily. He’s a fighter. I’m glad that he didn’t give up completely. 


I knew I was going to like Skylynn. Even with the way she treated Willow I knew she wasn’t bad. I really ended up liking her even more in this book. She was a friend to Indie when she didn’t think anyone understood. Skylynn gave her the hope she needed to believe that the love that she saw in her dreams could be hers.

I loved those boys. Everything they brought to the story was great. They brought a sense of normalcy to Indie as well as some comic relief to the story. Even though they each dated her they knew someone else had her heart. They didn’t fight with her about it. They didn’t try and sway her. I loved it. I loved them.

Now to the actual story line.

I can’t wait to see Indie mix with the Insight crew, especially Willow. They were friends once and I can’t wait to see what adding the Falcon’s into the mix will bring.

There were so many twists and turns to this story you never knew what to expect. Jamie Magee slowly revealed to you what she wanted you to know. She didn’t just dump everything on you at once. She slowly peels back the layers. 
Once you think that you understand something, BOOM, something knew is dropped in your lap. The way she does it pulls you from the reality you are in and brings you into the Web of Hearts and Souls. She pulls you inch by inch, detail by detail and you don’t even know what happened. This book pulls you in and keeps you. It won’t let go and you think about it for days afterwards. There is nothing better than a book that can do that to you.

So go out and get this book….this whole series. I promise, it is worth it!

“I would hand my vengeance over to him, but I would not stand idly by in the war of balance. I would face the coldest evil and send the lost souls home. I would win this war of balance one way or another.”



Buy Link: 

Web of Hearts and Souls Reading Order:



No comments :

Post a Comment