May 6, 2014

Special Attraction Review

Special Attraction
Coursodon Dimension #3
By,
M. L. Ryan

3.5 Stars!!!!


The weirdness continues….

Thanks to a magical transplant from an inter-dimensional enforcer, Hailey Parrish can transform into a hawk. When someone begins dismembering hikers along the Appalachian Trail, the enforcers make use of her feathery talents to catch the killer. Unfortunately, like most things in Hailey’s life, there is nothing ordinary about the assignment. Their target turns out to be maddeningly elusive, they rescue a stray dog that makes a sewage treatment plant seem pleasantly fragrant, and stopping the murders turns out to be the least of their worries.

Special Attraction, the third book in the Coursodon Dimension series, combines paranormal romance, urban fantasy, a bit of science fiction and a healthy dose of quirky humor.

My Thoughts….

I have not had the privilege of reading the first two books but it didn’t really seem to matter. I was told I could read this as a standalone, once I figured out it was part of a series, and they were right. Ryan gives enough detail on what has previously happened to Hailey that I could read this book and completely enjoy it. I am sure that it would have been even better if I had read the others but this story line stands on its own.

Hailey Parrish

Now this girl was hilarious. She was snarky and sarcastic but she was also caring and considerate to almost everyone. Because some guy was stuck in her Kindle and then stuck sharing a body with her, she can now change into a hawk. 


Yes, exactly what I said. She had a guy stuck in her kindle, and then he was stuck in her body…with her. Now the Courso use her new abilities to do scout missions and investigations. She definitely has a different way of looking at the world and she is quite funny through the whole book.

“..He needs to have a name more fitting for a diabolical, power-mad villain.”
“Well, Fuck Face might work,” I offered, “But I’m not sure I can picture your parents saying it.”

Alex Sutherland and Sebastian Kess

These two are great additions to the book. Alex is sweet and caring with Hailey as well as being a fierce warrior when looking for the psychopath. Alex is so great with Hailey. He is able to keep up with her sarcasm and snarkiness as well as hold her back when she needs to keep it in check. His is all around a hunk and a great boyfriend. Sebastian is egotistical and has a dry sense of humor. (He was the guy stuck in the Kindle and shared a body with Hailey). Sebastian loves to get Hailey going. He is such an instigator and he is really really good at it. But he also cares a lot about Hailey and tries to help her anyway he can.

I really liked this book. It was a quick read and really enjoyable. There was a lot of action, humor, and romance. The only problem I had was pronouncing the names. I mean some of these words are ridiculously hard to pronounce. Other than that I really ate up this book. It makes me want to go pick up the others so I can learn more about everyone's personalities and how they interact with each other.

Buy Link: Amazon

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for the review, Alexa. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. And, hello to all your blog followers!

    ReplyDelete