July 25, 2014

Destiny Gift Review

Destiny Gift

(Everlast Book#1)
By,
Juliana Haygert
DNF

 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg

Thirty years in the future, a sinister New York City exists in permanent darkness.

A student at the secured NYU, nineteen-year-old Nadine has visions of Victor Gianni, an imaginary guy she has real feelings for. Afraid of being truly insane, she explains the visions away as simple daydreams, but she can no longer deny them when she bumps into Victor in real life. But this Victor doesn’t know her, and turns her away. After the encounter, Nadine’s visions change to those of eerie fates, gods she’s never heard of, demons with sharp claws they are not too timid to use … and instructions.

To discover if she’s losing her mind, Nadine follows the vague directions—with the real, rude and reluctant Victor—leading to a man who knows it all: Nadine can restore an ancient creed by unveiling the clues on her visions, and bring sunlight and peace to the world again. But that’s only if the demons and the other evil forces behind the darkness don’t stop her first.



OK I really really hate when I can’t finish a book. But for some reason I just can’t get into this one. I don’t know if it’s just because I can’t focus or the book itself. I mean I can't even sit here long enough to write a good review as to why I didn't finish it. And I hate that because I know how much time and effort the author put into this book. I just can't make myself finish it.

Things that were ok:
  • ·         Story Line. I thought the story line was kind of interesting. I mean it was a “kind of” believable future New York.
  • ·         Nadine. She was somewhat interesting. Her powers were something that I wish I could have learned more about before I gave up. She could be interesting. Maybe. 
  • ·         Victor. Would really like to find out what happens with him and why he seems to be an ass right now.


Things that bothered me:
  • ·         Story Line. The story line bothered me just as much as it interested me. I mean a place that has no sun should be cold right?
  • ·         The Love Triangle. I can see it. It’s going to happen and I think that is one thing that is keeping me from continuing. I just finished a series where there was a Love Triangle and the girl was able to have her cake and eat it to. I hate that crap. I really don’t get the reason for that type of angst. There are people that love it but I am not one of those people.


I would really like to give this book a chance again someday but I don’t know if it is going to happen. There is another book and a novella after this one and if I can’t finish this one I am not going to be able to finish the others. I am sure there are people that will absolutely love this book. I just can’t be one of those people right now, maybe ever.




I will have to cleanse my palate…..you know what I mean. And try again.

 photo 17617509_zps2ea3ac9e.jpg photo 18301392_zpsfc9d07a9.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment