July 6, 2014

Go With Me Review

Go With Me

(With Me Book #2)
By,
Elyssa Patrick
3 Stars!!!


 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg


I, Daphne Fox, have a few things to confess:

1. I hate Nick Brady. Loathe. Abhor. Can’t stand him 95% of the time.
2. That other 5%? I’m not talking about that at all.
3. People think I’m lucky for surviving the car crash. I disagree.
4. Nick is the only guy who makes my nightmares go away.
5. I won’t love him, though. Love is not worth the pain.

I, Nick Brady, have a few confessions of my own:

1. I don’t hate Daphne Fox. At all.
2. I find her scar sexy. Just like the rest of her.
3. I may be her older brother’s best friend, but that’s not going to stop me.
4. I love her.
5. And I’m going to do everything I can to have her.


My Thoughts….

I picked up this book right after reading the first book in the series. I loved Caleb and Hailey. Elyssa Patrick wrote a great first novel in a series with them. So I was really excited to read the next one. I mean I could only guess what Go With Me would be about because it was pretty obvious they just pretended to hate each other in the first book. I mean even Hailey could see it. I have to say I was a little let down with this book. I don’t think it was nearly as good as the first one. Nick wasn’t nearly as swoon worthy as Caleb and Daphne just rubbed me the wrong way at times. This book was still a really good one though.



Daphne was in a terrible car accident that killed her boyfriend, best friend, and her best friend’s boyfriend. Everyone likes to call her a survivor, they tell her that she was lucky to survive, but she doesn’t feel that way at all. I wanted to like Daphne. I really did. Actually I think I did but the way she handled everything with Nick made me question that. She was strong, stubborn, and a smart ass. She was like that on the surface. Inside she was broken and filled with guilt. That was fine because it added more to her character. What drove me nuts is the way she handled Nick. She was determined to just have a fling when he kept telling her differently. And then she refused to tell anyone about their relationship. Even though everyone knew. They even told her that they knew and she still refused to tell the one person that mattered and the one person that was too blind to see it. I think is she had handled the relationship better Daphne and I could have been friends…hahahaha. Yea I become friends with the characters. So what?

Nick. Nick. Fucking. Brady. I liked his character. I did. But there was also things that I didn’t like about him either. He was sweet, caring, and protective. Everything you want in a book boyfriend. He saw past all of the fronts that Daphne tried to put up for everyone around her. Even with all of his good, swoon worthy qualities he also seemed to be a bit of a push over. For someone who supposedly loved her so much he sure let her keep them a secret for a long time. Yes that’s what she wanted but I think he needed to push her a little bit more than he was. He didn’t seem to do what needed to be done until the end.


The whole crew was back in this book. We got to check in with Hailey and Caleb. We also got to learn more about the other characters. We got a closer look at Griff and Jamie which was cool. I think I am really going to like their books. I hope they both get books. I will definitely be picking up whatever is next for this series and this author. The book was entertaining. The flowery and over the top writing was back but I knew it was going to be there going in so it didn’t surprise or bother me this time. I think it was worse in this book but I can look past it.


It was a good addition to the series!



 photo 077b8f97-b6d8-4ea3-995c-e224f76746e8_zpsa41e023d.png









No comments :

Post a Comment