July 4, 2014

Stay With Me Review

Stay With Me

(With Me Book #1)
By,
Elyssa Patrick
4.5 Stars!!


 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg


New Adult/Contemporary Romance - recommended for ages 17 and up.

With one look, I’m his . . .

With one touch, he’s mine . . .

With one kiss, it changes everything between us . . .

I’ve been famous since I can remember. Singing, acting, dancing—I’ve done it all. The tabloids cover my every move, but I don’t want that anymore. I want to be normal, whatever that is.

When I leave Hollywood for college in Vermont, I’m on my own for the first time in my life. This is my chance to figure out who I am and what I want in life.

But it’s a lot harder than I expected. I can’t escape my image. Classes are difficult, and I’m struggling. And then there’s Caleb Fox.

Sexy, intriguing Caleb Fox.

Caleb is the one man who doesn’t want to use me. He breaks down my walls. He challenges me. He wants me. And I just don’t know if I can give him the same—or if he’ll stick around when he finds out my shameful secret that the tabloids haven’t managed to uncover.

Dating him is risky enough, but loving him could break me.


My Thoughts….

“Caleb doesn’t know it yet but he’s mine.
          Just like I’m his…
          For as long as he’ll have me.”

I read the blurb for this book and immediately wanted to read it. There was no back and forth if I should or shouldn’t. I didn’t even look at the reviews for this book on Goodreads before I decided to read it. And that is something I always do. To save myself from love triangles and those things. But I didn’t even do that this time. I got the ARC copy and immediately dove into this story. I mean how many books do you read about a famous person in a relationship that completely gives it up. Usually they find a way to live with the fame and the relationship. Not this one. And I was really curious how that was going to go.



Hailey Bloom had everything anybody could ever want. Fame, fortune, and fans that love everything she does. But she also had a mother that was willing to make Hailey do anything and everything to keep her famous. Hailey decided she was done with Hollywood, so she moves to Vermont to start a normal life. Things do not go smoothly at first. She didn’t realize how hard being a student was going to be, people recognize her everywhere she goes, and she doesn’t know where she wants her life to go now.

I really liked Hailey’s character. Not only does she go through the struggles of a famous person coming to a college but she also has very real problems in this book. She comes to college and she has to find out who she is and what she wants out of life. I loved that she took her life into her own hands. By the end of the book she had started to grow but she still didn’t know what she wanted to pursue as a career and being a freshmen that is very real. I loved that the drama with her momzilla didn’t take up the majority of the book as well. It was about Hailey and Caleb and Hailey adjusting to her new life.

Caleb is a very straightforward, swoon-worthy, and sexy as hell leading man. He knew who he was and exactly what he wanted. He didn’t play games and pretend to be something that he wasn’t. He didn’t need to be an overbearing alpha male like a lot of books feel the need to add. (Not that I don’t think that some of them are sexy as hell too!) He is so sweet and caring when it comes to Hailey. He is patient and kind when it comes to her fame too. He is able to look past it and fall in love with her as a human being. He was an amazing character. Plus all of his roommates are swoon-worthy too! And he brings his sister into the mix and I love her. I wonder if there is something with her and Nick. We will see…..



The chemistry between Hailey and Caleb was immediate and pretty steamy. The scenes were well written and very fun to read! The writing in general I think you had to get used to. There was some over describing and some pretty flowery wording through the book. I have no problem with it but I have to be in the mood to enjoy it. Good thing I was this time. Overall this was a great story and I can’t wait to see what else comes from this series!


Buy Link:

 photo 077b8f97-b6d8-4ea3-995c-e224f76746e8_zpsa41e023d.png

No comments :

Post a Comment