August 15, 2014

Bound by Duty Review

Bound by Duty

(Bound Book #1)
By,
Stormy Smith

3 Stars




 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg




Amelia grew up in a world of half-truths. She knows she's an Elder but has no idea what that means. Her father reminds her daily that she must maintain control but he refuses to explain why. Even worse, she's betrothed to the prince of the Immortals and she doesn't even know his name. 

Finally breaking free to live a few normal years at a community college, the last thing Amelia expects is to find her best friend in a cheeky Southern girl and to fall for a self-assured human who sees her for who she is and not what she'll be.

As she learns more about herself, Amelia realizes the line between love and duty is a thin one. As her power continues to increase exponentially and her questions are slowly answered, Amelia must make the ultimate choice. The question is, will her head or her heart win the battle?








This is definitely a series that I will be continuing to follow! Stormy Smith creates a world that sucks you in and makes you another player in her world.

Things I liked:

  • Amelia- She had quite the upbringing with her dad and all of the secrets that she had to face. She was a great character that really cared deeply about the people around her. She was always thinking of everyone else and not herself.
  • Aiden- I loved him. He was such a great addition. He was always trying to make Amelia feel comfortable even though he didn’t understand why she wouldn’t give all of herself. 
  • Bethany- She was a great friend to Amelia. She was hilarious and understanding. She was an in-your-face character. You can’t forget her.
  • The Plot- The plot is always getting bigger and more involved. Once you think you understand something it gives you something else to question.


So there really isn’t things that I didn’t like. It’s more like things I haven’t made my mind up about yet.

  • Cole- I don’t trust him. He is a great brother and seems to be always looking out for Amelia when she needs it but he has lied so much. It’s to the point where I am wondering if he is helping her. 
  • Her family- Amelia’s family has kept her whole world from her and betrothed her to the one person out to destroy her. I mean they beat this duty thing into her that she can’t even choose things for herself. How can she make the best decision for her when her family hasn’t given her an option that can help her people and the people she loves? 
  • Micah- Now he really confuses me. I think that he really loves Bethany but I am not sure about the rest of it. He could totally turn out to be an evil a-hole but there is something telling me there is more to it.
  • The Ending- I really wanted her to be strong enough to find a way to do both. It upset me that she saw the problem as black and white. Aiden was so heartbroken and she was still able to just leave.



Overall I would recommend this to people who like paranormal/ fantasy reads! I am still on the fence about reading the next one. Which is a lie because I can’t stop in the middle of a series. LOL. So I will be most likely picking up the next book.









 photo 077b8f97-b6d8-4ea3-995c-e224f76746e8_zpsa41e023d.png










No comments :

Post a Comment