August 17, 2014

Elicit Review

Elicit

(Eagle Elite Book #4)
By,
Rachel Van Dyken
5 Stars!!!!


 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg


Cursed, numb, rejected, scorned, wicked, sinister, dark, twisted...my name is Tex Campisi and this is my legacy. I killed my father in cold blood and lost my soul right along with him. 


I crave war more than peace, and I'm about to take my place in history as the youngest Capo dei Capi in the Cosa Nostra...that is until someone stops me, saves me from myself. 

But the only person able to do that...is my best friend’s sister, Mo Abandanato, and she just ripped my heart out and asked me to hold it in my hands while she put bullets through it. 

Im cursed so I did it. 
I'm numb so I held it. 
I'm wicked so I liked it.

I used the pain Mo caused as a catalyst to turn into my biggest nightmare--the five families greatest enemy. It's my turn to take a stand, knowing full well I'm going to lose my mind to the madness that is the American Mafia. I've always been told Blood is thicker than life. I wish I would have listened. Because regardless of who you love? You will betray. You will kill.

Blood Always Wins. 
The only way out is death...yours.

Welcome to the Dark Side of the Family.




“In the end… he would choose Campisi.
In the end…she would choose Abandonato.
In the end… there would be bloodshed.”

The first book I ever read from Rachel Van Dyken was The Bet. I continued to read the rest of the series because Rachel is a genius. I didn’t think it could get better than that series or even just that book in general. Then I read Elite and fell in love with Nixon. There wasn’t going to be anyone better than him and then Elicit came along. OMG! This book was heartbreaking, intense, loving, and beautiful. There might have been a moment of me throwing something heavy at my husband for noticing the tears that may or may not have been on my face……

If you have read the previous books Tex and Mo have always had something. They were best friends and lovers. Elicit opens up after the couple has gone through some revelations and heartbreak. Mo is doing everything she can to save Tex, even if that means he hates her when everything is over. Tex finally knows who his family is and now he needs to choose between his blood and the family that raised him. Which also happens to be the family of the girl he is hopelessly in love with. He will betray them all just to keep her safe. At the end of Entice Tex spilled blood that would change the course of The Family forever. More blood would have to be spilled and everyone is calling out for Tex’s.

“I freaking worshiped that woman.”

Mo was a great heroine. She was snarky, sarcastic, tough, and kick ass. Through the first half of this amazing book Mo is doing everything she can to save Tex. She knows if he chooses his family her family will most likely have to kill him and if he choose her and the Abandonato family the Campisi family will kill him. She is a strong, loyal, and loving character. She is trying to find a balance between her love for Tex and her family. She is willing to let go of him to save him.  She is also kick ass. She is not afraid to wield a gun or knife if she needs to and she knows how to use them. Especially on Tex LOL. She never stops fighting. Ever in this entire book. She is always fighting for something. Tex. Her family. Her happiness. Everything and I admire that she doesn’t give up. She just tried to literally knock some sense into Tex.

“No, that wasn’t Tex. He didn’t do gentle; he did hard, demanding, possessive-all Alpha, no apologies.”

Tex, the sexy man, is tortured, dark, and in major need of saving and he doesn’t even know it. He has spent most of his life not knowing who he is. He grew up with the Eagle Elite crew and now that he does know who he is he might have to betray them all. Tex is the next cappo and this could be the end of all of them. I fell completely in love with Tex in this book. He made himself numb so that he can take care of the darker side of the mafia. And he did it all so that he can take care of Mo, the only person he has ever loved. Tex’s story was definitely darker, edgier, and more intense than the other books. Tex goes through some major transformations in this book. He has always had to deal with the darker side of the mafia that he has closed himself of from feeling any type of emotion except anger. This story makes him vulnerable and has him expressing all of those emotions he hoped to hide from.

“This is the last moment with a man I should have had forever with.”

Elicit gets your blood pumping from the first page and doesn’t stop. The story keeps building and building. The tension and the story keeps you turning the pages. Just when you thought that you had everything figured out RvD adds another layer to the story and all you can hope is that all of the characters that you love will still be there on the next page. She has a way of throwing you into a heart stopping moment, throwing you a piece of the puzzle to the entire story and right before you can feel overwhelmed or look over a piece of information she gives you a breather. A moment to take it all in. Rachel Van Dyken writes so flawlessly that you have no choice but to fall into the world of the Eagle Elite series. She manages to make everything feel so real as you turn those pages that you have no hope of ever putting the book down. RvD has a way of breaking down each of her characters. Stripping them down layer by layer and showing you who and what they really are. Then when you get down to the character’s souls she builds them back up layer by layer and shows them redemption. They grow together as a Family and they learn what love truly means and what they will do to protect it.

“Promise me forever-I’ll give you eternity.” His lips caressed mine. “I’ll give you everything.”

There were moments in this book were Rachel Van Dyken left you completely devastated. There is no other word I could use to explain how I felt through parts of this book. She shows you the action, the sins, and all of the tension that the entire Family is going through. But RvD also shows us the tender moments between Mo and Tex. And these are the moments that lift you up and devastate you at the same time. As a couple they get stripped down to the core of their relationship and together they build it to something stronger than either of them ever hoped for.

Rachel Van Dyken brings out all of the stops for this book. It has definitely moved up to my favorite book she has written. She lays it all out on the table and doesn’t pull any punches. You need to purchase this book. Hell this entire series! You won’t regret it.


“I love her so much. I can’t breathe man, I can’t freaking breathe without that woman, I can’t-“ A tear fell down his cheek before he could stop it. “I can’t do this life without her by my side. The darkness… it’s so cold, but it’s inviting, you know? Like I could lose my damn soul and it would be okay- she pulls me from that, she’s the only one that can, the only one that makes that hole not feel so big.”







 photo images3_zps290a34c6.jpg
 photo ibooks_thumb_feature_zpse9d7e3fe.jpg photo 077b8f97-b6d8-4ea3-995c-e224f76746e8_zpsa41e023d.png



















No comments :

Post a Comment