August 3, 2014

Emanate Review

Emanate

(Insight Book #7, Web of Hearts and Souls Book #15)
By,
Jamie Magee
5-Fantastic-Freaking-Stars!!!!!



 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg


Return to the world of Insight with EMNATE, the seventh installment of the addictive story that brings you to the forefront of your darkest fears and cradles you in the belief that each of us has our own divine fate.

Emanate opens days after the final chapter of Enflame. Every trial thus far as left both Willow and Landen tested and exhausted, Jupiter was no different, if anything it was far worse.

Now they not only have to face the influenced of two planets at once in their weakened state, they also have to come head to head with their home dimensions belief system that is dead set on pushing them into an ascension neither of them or ready for.





“For a second, I just stared in awe at her, not knowing how I managed to become the lucky fool that shared a soul with her.”



I have to say…I think this is the best one yet. Jamie Magee is a genius and only has given us further proof with this new installment.

I am really struggling to write this review right now. Most people would have trouble writing a review because they didn’t like the book and didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feeling, or they couldn’t put into words why they didn’t like it. This is not the case. I am struggling because I am a little overwhelmed with how much I fell in love with this book. If you have read anything I have written then you know my love for Jamie Magee and her books. Emanate is something completely different. I didn’t think it could get any better than this book.


“I struggled to find the poetic words, the perfect promises, and the only words I managed to think were, “I’m yours. Forevermore.”



Willow has had some major troubles in her series. She is stubborn, angry, and doesn’t really listen to anyone. In this book she has no other choice then to listen and find her bliss. To me in this book she becomes the person she was always meant to be. Willow went through such a transformation in this book. She was stripped of everything she has used to protect herself and she had to learn about who she is as a person. She had to find herself and let her soul find its way back to Landen. It was an emotional journey for her and for me as a reader.

Landen. I didn’t think he could get any better but this book made it happen. We finally got to see into that mind of his. In the previous books he has always been the calm one. He didn’t really have an edge. In this book we got to see it. He wasn’t the confident person that he makes everyone else see. We got to see him fight some of his own demons. We got to see that Landen has his own doubts that he has to overcome. We saw all the different sides to Landen in this book and it was so much fun.

Jamie Magee’s writing has always been beautiful and this book is no different. The way she writes some of these scenes are just amazingly beautiful. In her Web of Hearts and Souls books sex is always eluded to but never full described. In this book we get more of an in between. Jamie Magee has found a way to add sex into a young adult series in a way that those scenes are more than lust or shock. She writes those steamy scenes in a way that shows you the level of intimacy Landen and Willow reach. It manages to be more than sex and that is impressive. The way she writes the scenes show how connected the couple is as well as how in love they really are. This scene also manages to show you how beautiful finding each other again can be.

“That was my undoing, feeling her claim me. I reached down and picked her up and wrapped her body around mine. The innocent moan that left her lips as my hand slid up her thigh drove me mad. I lifter her higher so my lips could find her neck, her chest. She bowed back, surrendering to me. The taste of her was indescribable. I was famished, and she was feeding my every desire. I felt power pulsing through me, through us. It was all I could do to keep a gentle caress hand in hand with the aggression she was pulling out of me.”

Let me tell you. I did not start out this book with all the love I ended up with. The book is in dual POVs. Landen and Willow both, it was great and I was excited. When I first started reading Landen’s POV I was angry because of everything that he knew and hid. Never mind where I thought/assumed this book was going. I mean everything he said about what soul mates were supposed to feel and he didn’t feel them. I was like….



But I kept reading and eventually we got more explanation for everything Landen was saying. And you know what? After I set the book down and thought about everything they were saying about fighting back to back instead of focusing on each other. I had to agree with them. Landen and Willow have always been my favorite Wed couple. Once I started reading the other couples Vade and Phoenix started to edge their way above Landen. Once I read Emanate I realized why. This book really makes you think about Willow and Landen as a couple and how different they were at the start of this book than the other couples. It’s amazing to me how Jamie managed to get me to see this after 7 freaking books. After reading through the whole book I was stunned for a while. Landen and Willow have gone through a major change but I have no doubt this isn’t the end. They have become better people, a stronger couple, and people who are going to be great leaders. I can’t wait to see them kick some Donalt butt. I have a feeling the Insight portion of this great series is only going to get better from here.

“I love you,” I breathed.
“You are forever mine,” she said as her arms braced my shoulders.”




I am not going to end this review. I know it was long and I'm sorry. LOL. Over all I loved this book. Everything about it. It was a rollercoaster for everyone. Landen. Willow. Me. It was so much fun to read and I would recommend this book and series to everyone. There is no doubt in my mind how many great books are going to come after this one. This series manages to suck you into it’s world and keep you there. You’ll think about it for days to come after finishing the book and you won’t want your mind anywhere else. Promise.

No comments :

Post a Comment