August 26, 2014

I Want it That Way Review







I Want it That Way

(2B Trilogy Book #1)
By,
Ann Aguirre
4 Stars!



 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg

Nadia Conrad has big dreams, and she's determined to make them come true—for her parents' sake as well as her own. But between maintaining her college scholarship and working at the local day care to support herself, she barely has time to think, let alone date. Then she moves into a new apartment and meets the taciturn yet irresistible guy in 1B…. 

Daniel Tyler has grown up too fast. Becoming a single dad at twenty turned his life upside down—and brought him heartache he can't risk again. Now, as he raises his four-year-old son while balancing a full-time construction management job and night classes, a social life is out of the question. The last thing he wants is for four noisy students to move into the apartment upstairs. But one night, Nadia's and Ty's paths cross, and soon they can't stay away from each other. 

The timing is all wrong—but love happens when it happens. And you can't know what you truly need until you stand to lose it.





I have not had the pleasure of reading anything by Ann Aguirre before but when I saw the cover to this book and the title I knew I just had to give it a try. Even before I read the synopsis. I am going to be completely honest with you. I saw the title and I am sure 90% of my decision making was because this book was titled after a Backstreet Boys song. Whether by coincidence or not. I know I’m lame but whatevs I loved them. Anyway this book ended up being really good!


Nadia is a junior in college and is just trying to make it through. Her parents have helped her all they can and now she is working part time to help with tuition as well as her practicum which starts this year. When she moves into the apartment building she meets the person living under her. Nadia shrugs off his coldness until they meet one night outside. Nadia is a really mature character. She realizes all of the complications that come with dating a single parent. She is willing to take whatever Ty is willing to give her and she doesn’t complain. She is always there for her roommates and she is working and paying herself towards her degree. The only thing that bothered me is she was ok taking the scraps that Ty was giving her. Being a one weekend a month sex partner is not something she should have just given him. I mean Sam sees her everyday already.

"It sounded poetic and slightly improbable, but the whole building felt emptier, an echo where there had been warmth.”

Ty is a single father. He pushed his ex to have a child she didn’t want and now he has full custody of his son. He has put on tunnel vision. Anything outside of night classes, Sam, and work doesn’t even register. Until Nadia moves into the building. I really wanted to like Ty. He was sweet, caring, and an amazing father. I understand that he wanted to protect Sam from heartache but the way he handles things with Nadia is just stupid and it drove me nuts. He wasn’t even willing to give Nadia a chance to be in his life for real until she forced him. But like I said, Ty was a great guy. For the most part Ty treated Nadia and Sam well.

The loved the roommates. Max and Angus kind of made the book for me. They were great additions and did great things for Nadia. They were supportive and helped her through everything with Ty without her having to ask. Max was one of my favorites and I can’t wait to read his book!


The romance wasn’t there for me half of the time. They mostly focused on their sexual relationship instead of really getting to know each other as people. They did at times but to me it didn’t feel like it was enough. Most of their conversation were based on them lusting after each other. But the other 50%. When they actually let each other in was fantastic. They really bonded and tried to learn about each other. They were one of those couples that you can just tell they were made for each other.

“I quit,” he said softly. “Huh?” He rubbed his chest, like it was aching. “You made his favorite dinner, and you found his bear. I came home and you’re wearing my shirt. I can’t fight this anymore.”

 I loved the way this book was written. It was in first person which is not my favorite. I would love to read more through Ty’s POV but other than that it was great. I loved that the prologue Nadia was talking to us as readers. It was fun and interesting to have her start and end with talking to us. The flow was relatively nice. There were some slow parts but not many. Other than a few things with Ty I really enjoyed this book and will be picking the next one up!







No comments :

Post a Comment