September 8, 2014

REVIEW: The Accidental Kiss By, Nicole Simone



4 Stars

 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg



They were like fire and ice.



But he was everything she didn’t know she needed.


Marked by tragedy, Sky Noel leaves Los Angeles with her mom to start anew in Castor, a small town in Louisiana. It was supposed to be Sky’s chance to have a normal life but she soon finds out normal isn’t written in her DNA.

When a mysterious boy named Daemon shakes up Sky’s fragile hold on reality, she is thrust into a world where zombies and voodoo not only exist in the pages of a novel. They are hidden in the darkest corners where danger lurks and death awaits. With a price on her head, Sky has to put her trust in the boy with the ocean blue eyes but is Daemon everything she was warned against and more?

Tricked into selling his soul, Daemon lives out his existence at the mercy of the voodoo priest. That is until one fateful night when his path is forever changed.

Desperate to atone for his sins, Daemon brings it upon himself to protect Sky at any cost. However, a secret hidden in his past could rip away the very person who makes him feel human again.



This is not your ordinary zombie story, or even your typical voodoo story either. There is something completely different about this book that sets it apart from the rest of the books that are out there. Nicole Simone manages to create a world that easy to get lost in. I couldn’t put the book down after I turned the first page.

“You’re everything to me, Sky.”

Sky Noel has lived in Los Angeles for most of her life but after the tragic death of her best friend her mother moves her to Castor, Louisiana. Sky just wants to get through school and be as normal as possible. Make friends, get good grades, and go to college. But that is just not in the cards for Sky. Her mother drops a bomb on her that she is Chosen One is a religion that is pretty much forgotten. Oh yea and the boy she met in school is a zombie.

That’s right. A zombie.

Daemon is a zombie. And a sexy one at that. He is determined to do whatever he can to keep Sky safe. Because a psychopathic voodoo priest is trying to bring back a section of voodoo that sacrifices chosen ones. This is where the story becomes different. Daemon might be a zombie but he is not your normal gross, shuffling, brainless zombie. He is immortal, has special powers and he is good looking. The only problem is that he died 60 or so years ago and his soul is in a jar on the psycho priest’s shelf.

“He was passionate, relentless, overprotective, and fearless. I wanted to smack him and kiss 

him within a five second time frame. He was everything I hadn’t known I was looking for.”

Daemon and Sky’s relationship was pretty hilarious. There was so much chemistry between them that they couldn’t do anything but act on it. Daemon was frustrating and arrogant but in the way that we all love. Sky was sarcastic and funny while trying to ignore how attracted she was to Daemon. Their relationship really took a back seat to the storyline for me. I was always wondering what was going to happen next. What other twists can the author throw at us. There were moments that took me completely by surprise and that is always the best feeling.


This book was a very interesting read. I thought that the ending was a little abrupt for me. I can only hope that there will be more to this series. And if there is I can’t wait to read more.

“You are my savior and my greatest weakness and I knew as soon as I laid eyes on you. 

Don’t you understand Sky? I would die a thousand deaths if that meant I could love you for 

a single day, a single hour, a single breath. You are worth it. You will always be worth it 

and pushing me away isn’t going to burn out the love I feel toward you.”



















 photo Amazon-app-button-small_zps54177e63.jpg   photo bead2577-80fb-402c-90c7-6f000b3d3789_zps2b17ea00.png   photo button-kobo_zps35253357.jpg   photo d792da2a-9d07-4a96-81bb-2c4ce19e18fe_zpsac0345c1.png





No comments :

Post a Comment