September 9, 2014

REVIEW: Jealousy (From the Inside Out Part 2) By, S.L. Scott


5-Irresistable-Stars

 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg

We shared a love that regulated every heartbeat and every breath we took. It was all encompassing. I thought our love could withstand time and anything thrown our way.

I was wrong. So wrong.

I used to be happy. I used to be Juliette Weston when Dylan Somers filled my life with promises of love and a happy ever after. But when he took my heart and broke it into a million pieces, I became someone else entirely. In one afternoon, I lost my soul mate. I lost everything I knew myself to be.

Three years later, the man who destroyed me is back.

To assuage his guilt? To finish the job? It doesn’t matter… I won’t let him this time. I’m stronger. I’ve moved on. He won’t affect me.

This is a story of love and betrayal. Pain and loss. Happiness and fate. It’s about finding your true destiny.

This is our story.

And it’s not for the faint of heart.





“I threw up three times that night, claiming I had food poisoning. I didn’t. I had heart 

poisoning.”


Jealousy is part two of From the Inside Out Series and I couldn’t have asked for a better installment. The last part was heartbreaking, intense, sexy, and completely irresistible. This book hasn’t been any different. The first part, Scorned, focused on giving us Juliette’s heartbreak and all of the confusing feelings she went through with seeing Dylan again. Part two focuses on showing us how fate gives you paths to walk and we get to see the crossroads where Juliette needs to choose.

Juliette Weston has spent three years in a numb existence after Dylan left her and now Dylan is back and bringing all of her hurt and betrayal forward. Fate has given Juliette Austin Barker, a second chance with a person that is safe. The relationship will be easy. The relationship is everything that Jules thinks she wants. Austin makes her happy after not feeling happy for so long. The problem is fate also brought Dylan back. Not the Dylan that she was left with at the end of their relationship but the Dylan that she fell in love with. And he isn’t leaving. He wants her back and he is going to fight for her.


“Her lips press against the glass on the opposite side of where mine were and that’s when I 

know for sure. She feels this just as much as I do. It’s real. What we’re sharing is real.”


We got to see a lot more of Dylan in this book. Dylan has finally seen the light and he knows what he wants. He is willing to give up everything he left Jules for to get her back. He realizes that Jules is all he wants. He slowly starts to position himself back in her life and take things slow. I loved hearing more of the story from his point of view. We learned a lot more about his regret, his own heartbreak, and how he sees life without Jules. Dylan is completely swoon-worthy. I love him.

Austin isn’t in this book much. He is trying to take his relationship with Jules to the next level but there is something holding her back and he doesn’t know what it is. He travels a lot in this book. He is sweet, patient, and understanding with Jules. Austin is swoon-worthy in his own way. I wish that we knew more about him though.


“-two prisms and a coffeemaker- the three things that tie me to Dylan. At least I thought 

that was what tied me to him. They’re not. My heart does. My feelings. My memories-good 

and bad anchor me to him like a weight.”

Juliette is spending this book trying to figure out what she wants. Dylan has been her life for so long but there are no guarantees in that relationship. There is a huge chance that he will leave her again and she doesn’t know if she can risk it. Dylan is the love of her life whether that is healthy or not remains to be seen. Juliette also has Austin. He feels safe and he cares for her. She agrees to take the next step but she doesn’t know if she can leave everything that reminds her of Dylan. She needs to make a decision with one man and leave her feelings and the other one for good. She tried to let Dylan go but he won’t let her. Juliette is such a strong person in this book. She lets her anger and resentment go with Dylan. She lets him be a different man when they have their secret lunches together. She makes the tough decision and she is going to live with it even if it ends up crushing her.


“Dylan stops to laugh, a tinge maniacally. “Caught in the middle?” He asks. “Fuck! She’s 

not in the middle, man. She’s all of it. My whole world-the outside, the inside, the middle. 

My. Fucking. Everything.”


I am definitely team Dylan. There are many reasons but I believe deep down that they are soul mates. Sure I love Austin he is the perfect gentlemen and a great boyfriend. But I don’t think that Jules will ever be able to move past Dylan. Whether she admits it or not I think that Dylan is it for her. I really thought I was going to be team Austin after the first book. And I would be if I thought Dylan hadn’t changed but he’s fighting for her and I think Austin is going to lose.


This was an amazing installment in the From the Inside Out series and one you should definitely pick up. The story has so many layers to it. There is heartbreak that leaves you breathless. There is healing that makes you hope for a better future. There is love that shows you how deep someone can feel it. S.L. Scott has a gift with making you feel every emotion Jules and Dylan feel and even Austin even though we don’t get chapters from his POV. I will definitely be reading the next installments and picking up more from this author.


“He kisses me…And I let him.”












 photo
Amazon-app-button-small_zps54177e63.jpg    photo bead2577-80fb-402c-90c7-6f000b3d3789_zps2b17ea00.png    photo
d792da2a-9d07-4a96-81bb-2c4ce19e18fe_zpsac0345c1.png

No comments :

Post a Comment