October 6, 2014

REVIEW AND RELEASE DAY: Prophecy (Calypso Book #1) By, Julie Anne Lindsey
























On the other side of death, is destiny.

Callie Ingram is spending her senior year focused on one thing: swimming. Her skill as a competitive swimmer is going to secure a scholarship and her future, or so she hopes. She has big plans, and Liam Hale, her gorgeous new neighbor, isn’t going to affect them. But when Callie sees Liam beheading someone, she learns his family has a secret that will change everything. The Hales are Vikings, demi-gods who’ve been charged by The Fates to find their new destined leader.

Callie’s caught in the middle of a budding Norse apocalypse, in love with Liam Hale and desperate to protect her best friend…who the Hales believe is marked for transformation. Putting the clues together as fast as she can, can discovers she has the power to rewrite destiny, for herself and all humankind.

































Julie Anne Lindsey is a multi-genre author who writes the stories that keep her up at night. She’s a self-proclaimed nerd with a penchant for words and proclivity for fun. Mother of three, wife to a sane person and Ring Master at the Lindsey Circus, most days you'll find her online, amped up on caffeine and wielding a book. Julie started writing to make people smile. Someday she plans to change the world.

Julie is a member of the International Thriller Writers (ITW), Sisters in Crime (SinC) and the Canton Writer’s Guild.









WEBSITE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER  |  GOODREADS















Even as I am writing this review I can’t quite decide if I liked this book or if I really didn’t like it. There are many reasons that leave me left right in the middle. It’s not the writing or the flow of the story either. The writing was done well and the flow was perfect. I wasn’t skipping pages or paragraphs and I didn’t get bored. So the story has that going for it. It’s the story itself that I have a problem deciding.

One thing it had going for it was the mythology. I loved the way the author brought that into the story and it was something new. I have read books about Gods and Goddess but I have yet to read about Vikings. The author brings in the mythology and weaves it into the story in a way that it is really easy to grasp. She is able to explain it so there is no confusion and we don’t get bored going through the history.

Justin and Callie. This is one thing I really am confused about and I can’t get myself to like or even enjoy their scenes. For me the author can’t seem to decide if she wants to put a love triangle in the book or not. The author comes right up against the line of the triangle and then backs away. Another thing about them is that they act more in love and coupley than Liam and Callie do. Callie seems to show more affection to her “best friend” than the guy she is calling her boyfriend. The author has written the words that will determine if I continue with this series. Callie has said that she and Liam are destined, soul mates and if it turns into a love triangle after that I don’t know if I can read the next book.

But I hope it doesn’t come to that because I think this series could get even more interesting than it already is. I want to know more about this world and the mythology. I grew to really like the supporting characters like Oliver and her best friend. (I could take or leave Justin) Anyway Lindsey has a real knack for storytelling. There were lots of twists and turns. You seem to learn more and get surprised in every chapter.


I am going to have to leave my ultimate opinion about the series until the second book but for now I would definitely recommended reading this book. It has the makings of a great series!












No comments :

Post a Comment