November 19, 2014

REVIEW: One Wish Away By, Kelley Lynn


 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg











Be careful what you wish for…

Lyra has always been ahead of the curve. Top of her class in school, a budding astronomer, and with a best friend like Darren she barely has time to miss the mother who abandoned her family years ago. She's too busy planning to follow in her father's footsteps, and to become the youngest astronomer at Space Exploration and Discovery.

When a star goes missing Lyra is determined to get to the bottom of it only to discover her braniac dad is the mastermind of a top-secret government experiment. They promise to build a perfect world, one galaxy at a time, but with every tweak of the present, a bit more of the future starts to crumble.

Lyra has to go undercover to reveal the truth and let humanity decide if the consequences are worth more than wishing on a star.



When I read the synopsis to this book I thought that it had amazing potential and while reading the beginning I still thought that. The beginning was a little slow but other than that it was a new and original concept. Her father created a machine that can grant wishes. But what they’re really doing can have so many consequences that they haven’t even thought of.

The book had a slow start but once we got into the middle it started to pick up some. I think that the author spent too much time explaining the machine and how it works. I am not really a science girl so those parts were boring to me. The concept of the Cricket Project was unbelievable but to me in a way that works. It was interesting and original.

There were other parts of the story line that I liked. I liked Darren’s part in this book. He has two parents that are there for him but they struggle financially. So different from Lyra who has one parent who is never there and money. The romance was a bit forced and predictable but it gave us a better-rounded story line.

The only part I really really didn’t like was the end. The end felt rushed and completely unbelievable. I mean a teenager got into a government facility and out and only got caught after she released everything. There just wasn’t enough to it to pull me in and make it feel real.


One Wish Away was interesting and I can only hope the second book is better.



 photo Amazon-app-button-small_zps54177e63.jpg    photo bead2577-80fb-402c-90c7-6f000b3d3789_zps2b17ea00.png    photo button-kobo_zps35253357.jpg



1 comment :

  1. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to read and review my work! It really means a lot.

    And those cliff hangers. What a mean author! I promise the sequel will be worth it.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete