December 17, 2014

REVIEW: Broken Promises (Broken #3) By, Kelly Elliott


 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg








Pain.
Hurt.
Regret.

All of these are a result from broken promises.

Love.
Joy.
Happiness.

All of these are a result from finding someone’s way.

Love has two paths, happiness and heartbreak. 
Sometimes those paths intertwine.

Sometimes we choose the wrong path. And 
sometimes we’re given the second chance to pick the right path. 

Which path will Walker and Taylor go down? Only time will tell…




Kelly Elliott is probably one of my favorite authors. I fell in love with her books in the Wanted series and I have been hooked ever since. I have yet to start the Broken series until now. I haven’t read the first two so I am not familiar with the parent’s love stories but I loved this one. Everything that’s great about Elliott’s book with new couples for us to fall in love with. A new story that will show you just how powerful true love really is.

“I was desperate for him. Desperate for his kiss, his touch- anything he was willing to give me.”

Liza and Walker’s parents are best friends which has led them to grow up together. Liza has been in love with Walker since she could remember. Walker tried to fight his feelings but realized that he has been in love with her just as long. They get one spring together and then they both leave for college. With the pressures of college they decide to go their separate ways. Each falling into new relationships but both not really letting go of their first love.

“I’ve always loved you,” I said, wiping my tears away and smiling, “I’ll love you forever. Only you.”

When Liza and Walker see each other again both of them have one last summer before they become fiancés to other people. What they can’t fight is the connection that they still seem to have. The same connection that is making them hesitant with their other partners. Both Liza and Walker were strong intelligent characters. They knew they needed time to grow so they made the incredibly hard decision to part ways. They care about each other to make that final decision to part ways forever, until they get the one summer that will change everything.

“Between each kiss he’s speak: “I. Have. Never. In. My. Life. Loved. Someone. Like. I. Love. You.”

I really loved this story. First loves always have a special place in out hearts. Some people let them go and move on, only to think of them with fond memories. Some get to know that love and they hold on to it never experiencing it ever again. And there are the lucky few that get to keep that love until their last breath. Liza and Walker have that special love and they get the summer to decide which of the three types of people they get to become. Several broken promises, accidents, meddling exes, and dangerous situations are some of the obstacles in the path to this couples HEA.

“Walker was my everything, and I was his everything. We were a promise, made to each other. A promise that would be bound by something so strong it could never break. A promise bound by love. Forever.”


This was an emotional journey for Liza and Walker. Kelly Elliott created an unforgettable journey for these two. A journey full of true love and heartache. The book was written in dual POV and the amazing writing style that keeps me coming back for more from Kelly Elliott. I loved this book and all it had to offer. I would definitely recommend that you one click this book. It’s worth it!


 photo Amazon-app-button-small_zps54177e63.jpg    photo bead2577-80fb-402c-90c7-6f000b3d3789_zps2b17ea00.png    photo d792da2a-9d07-4a96-81bb-2c4ce19e18fe_zpsac0345c1.png    photo button-kobo_zps35253357.jpg







Broken #1 photo 18522975_zps2614abfc.jpg  Broken #2 photo 18987445_zpsffb44afb.jpg  Broken #3 photo 22857526_zps93f93b9f.jpg



Connect with Kelly


No comments :

Post a Comment