December 14, 2014

REVIEW: Enforce (Eagle Elite #1.5) By, Rachel Van Dyken



 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg









There’s two sides to every story...

And ours? Isn't pretty...

Then again, what's pretty about the mafia?

Trace Rooks, that’s what.

But she only wants one of us, and I'll kill him before I let him have her.

The only problem?

We're cousins.

And she may just be our long lost enemy.

Whoever said college was hard, clearly didn't attend Eagle Elite University.

Welcome to hell also known as the Mafia where blood is thicker than life, and to keep yours?

Well, keep your friends close, and your enemies?


Even closer...




I am a huge fan of the Eagle Elite series. I have read every single one that has been released and I was beyond ecstatic when I got an ARC copy of Enforce. I mean all four Eagle Elite men in one book, who wouldn’t be excited? This book is so much more enjoyable if you have read Elite but if you haven’t I think it can be read as a standalone.


“Nobody messed with what was mine.”


While this book had chapters from all four Eagle Elite men it was mostly about Nixon with a heavy helping of Chase. The book really focused on what Trace being at Eagle Elite was doing to all of their friendships and their family. We get to see into the minds of Tex before all of his drama went down and the beginning of his relationship with Mo. Rachel also shows us everything that Phoenix was going through before he broke and caused a whole bunch of trouble. This story gave us so much more insight into the men of Eagle Elite.


“A few more tears escaped down her cheek. And I knew in that moment it was the beginning of the end. My end. My downfall. My demise.”


The great thing about Rachel’s writing is that she is able to build all of the sexual tension in the world without having sex in the actual book. She is able to write a male’s POV amazingly and she is able to do it without repeating all of the scenes we got in Elite. She created an almost completely new story for us we some of our favorite scenes thrown in there. She is able to create dangerous and dramatic scenes but also create moments of humor without taking away from the seriousness of the story.


“He may like Trace, but I liked her too, way more than I should, and I wasn’t going to let him sneak in and steal away the one girl who made me want to feel again. The one girl who, for some reason, had snuck into my heart and refused to leave.”


I don’t want to say it again but I think I have to. I hate the love triangle. I had gotten over it completely because of the books after Elite and Elect but this book just brought it back around for me. I never could understand why Chase would be that upfront and confrontational with Nixon about his girl. He was in love with Trace and Chase couldn’t have done it silently. Reading his chapters (at least the parts about Trace) killed me. I just got to liking him and then this put me back in that dark place. It might just be my love of Nixon but this love triangle really bothered me. I was able to overlook it because I know what happens later in the series. If you love that drama and angst and even if you don’t this book is totally worth reading.


“A hope I’d never known existed. A hope I’d never know I needed. All in a girl I’d thought was dead. A girl I’d been fighting for- my entire life.”


I am telling you if you love the Eagle Elite world and all of it’s sexy men I would definitely pick one up. Enforce definitely gives you an insight into Nixon and why he made us all yell at him in the beginning. It also gives you more reason to love him. This book is full of danger, drama, angst, and definitely romance. I would recommend not only this book but the entire series to absolutely everyone.


“So this is what it felt like- to be alive, but completely dead inside.”






Eagle Elite #1 photo 20706749_zps70425a12.jpg  Eagle Elite #1.5 photo EnforceSmashwordsCover_zpse4a0b3fb.jpg  Eagle Elite #2 photo 18210033_zps7b1e04c6.jpg  Eagle Elite #3 photo 18465431_zps0a714a08.jpg  Eagle Elite #4 photo 18465432_zps82d05f79.jpg  Eagle Elite 4.5 photo 22896298_zpsc69a3bee.jpg



Connect with Rachel





No comments :

Post a Comment