February 8, 2015

REVIEW: Ignite (Ignite #1) By, Kate Benson








Some love sets off a spark... Others ignite the flame.

When the athletic Zeke Turner moves in next door to eccentric Addie Greyson, the unlikely pair become instant friends. Growing inseparable over the years, the two stand together through all the trials of adolescence.

Zeke returns for the summer after his freshman year of college right as Addie’s preparing to start hers at another school. Their time apart forces them to begin seeing each other in a whole new light. When the temptation becomes too much to resist, lines are crossed and their friendship is irrevocably changed.

As outside influences interfere, the relationship they’ve fought so hard to protect begins to suffer. When Addie feels the sting of betrayal from the only other person she can trust, it makes her question everything she ever thought she knew.

When fate brings them back together two years later, will they get a second chance? Or will they find out the hard way that there are some things you just can’t take back?












Review 
I have to be honest and say that I am still deciding how I feel about this book. It has been over a week since I finished and I am still wavering between a three and a four. There were definitely some amazing parts in this book and some things that I wasn’t expecting. All I know is I definitely thought it was a good book. It was interesting and a best friends to lovers story you all know I love.

“This time, it’s as if my soul has been waiting to be set on fire and Addie is the flame that’s always been meant to ignite it.”

Addie and Zeke have been friends for years. They met one day on the sidewalk and have been inseparable ever since. Addie has always been the odd one. She has never been popular. She had one friend in high school other than Zeke. Zeke was the complete opposite. He was popular, he played football, and he never left Addie’s side. Even when the kids at school threatened to make his life hell if he didn’t stop being friends with her, he never left. When Zeke leaves for college Addie has to learn how to be without him. Her dad is always on the road and that was never an issue until Zeke wasn’t there to sneak threw her window at night. Now Zeke is back and everything changes.

“The thought of Addie and me being so dependent on the other should have scared the shit out of us. It should have thrown up red flags, warning signs, something, but it didn’t. Even if it had, we never would have seen them anyway. We were far too busy falling in love.”

We follow Zeke and Addie as they navigate their new found feelings, the summer before they both leave for college. Addie is far more hesitant for anything to happen with Zeke she has always needed his friendship and now they are leaving each other for different colleges. Zeke is the one that has always felt something but never realized it. Now he is willing to do anything and everything to keep her. He is very sweet and loyal to Addie. He takes care of her when her father gets into trouble. Their relationship was honest and slow but it also does exactly what the titles says and ignites.

“As the words leave her lips that spark inside me jumps back to life. With no hesitation for the first time in far too long, I grip the back of her neck and crash my lips to hers, taking everything I’ve needed for the past two years. Instantly, we ignite.”

When I picked this book up I really thought it was going to focus on the two years after the summer they fell in love. That was not how this story went. The bulk of the book was the summer before Addie’s first year of college and then the few months before they broke up. We actually didn’t get that much of them two years later. The synopsis really isn’t even a good description of the book. The last few chapters I wasn’t expecting at all and never mind it ended in a cliff-hanger. Which I guess I missed that it wasn’t a standalone. So everything I though this book was going to be wasn’t accurate.

“I hadn’t seen her since everything happened, but that didn’t matter. I’ve come to realize that it doesn’t matter how completely you heart breaks, the reason it started beating in the first place never leaves you.”

While this book wasn’t what I expected I still enjoyed it. It was well written and the characters were likeable. While Addie still only had one friend she was a great addition to the story. She was a rock and someone to bring Addie out of her shell. I think my main problem with the story was the cliff hanger. I am not one to hate on them. I like series and everything when they are necessary. This story doesn’t seem like it needed to be dragged out. Even though I didn’t like the ending I liked the story enough to read the next book. I would definitely recommend this book to all romance lovers.






Connect with Kate

No comments :

Post a Comment