February 25, 2015

REVIEW: Seduce (Succubus Kiss #1) By, Jennifer Snyder







Life isn’t so bad for succubus, Kenna Blake. True, she seems to be the only succubus with a conscience and a specific strategy for finding her male meals, but she has a cute new apartment, a budding graphic design business, and the most unique friends she’s ever had.

Her personal love life, however, is non-existent.

Until the legendary vampire Randal Vincent sweeps into her life. Even though he isn’t someone she set out to date, at least she can kiss him without killing him. But when you’re dating someone who’s the inspiration for Dracula, there are bound to be a few hiccups along the way…






Review
“Randal Vincent was seducing the succubus, and I was letting him.”

I am a huge fan of paranormal books and I was glad that I decided to try this one out. Seduce is a great opener in this new series. I missed the prequel to this series but I was able to read the whole thing without feeling like I missed anything. I did go back and buy the prequel because I wanted to know Kenna’s character better but it really wasn’t needed.

Kenna is a great character. While she has embraced her transformation into a succubus she fights the corruption that comes with being a succubus. She keeps her conscious and only takes what she needs. Kenna even tries to leave the man she takes from better in some way. Whether it’s a compliment to a nerdy shy guy or a life lesson to an asshole. She was a great character to get to know.

Randal was an intriguing character. We don’t know much about him and I am not sure I even liked him. I was kind of confused on his character. I mean he was half of the synopsis but we don’t get much from him. We get a few bits and pieces but not enough to be convinced he is the love interest.

There were some other notable side characters. I loved Dex. Even though he is supposed to be the hot best boy friend or whatever we saw more to his personality then we did Randal. Dex was funny and charming and I can’t wait to read more about him. Sage is Kenna best and only girlfriend. I don’t know how to read her just yet. She has a past with Randal and I kind of think this could somehow turn bad in future books but who knows. She is a mystery with a fiery temper that is for sure.

The romance was lacking for me. There wasn’t a clear romantic lead or interest. Kenna seems to be head over heels for a human man that she can’t have but she is in lust with Randal. I was made to believe that Randal was a bigger character than he ended up being because of the synopsis. We really don’t know who she has feelings for in this book. To me the synopsis was misleading and the real romantic interest is the human guy who only spoke like two words this whole book. Overall the romance was a miss for me.

I do have to say Jennifer Snyder created a series that I am very interested in. She wrote a main character that is strong and likeable. She has a feisty side and Kenna stands up for what she believes in. Jennifer did well with the plot and a few of the characters were really well developed. She did really well with the world building too. I just wish the romantic part of the book was done better. Anyways, I will definitely be reading more from this series and I can’t wait for the next one!



Reading Order
Buy Links
  




Connect with Jennifer

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for taking part in the tour! I'm glad you enjoyed Seduce!

    ReplyDelete