March 31, 2015

REVIEW: Pretty Pink Ribbons (Touch of Fate #2) By, K.L. Grayson





Can be read as a standalone novel
**Contains sensitive subject matters**

Dying . . .
Dead . . .
Deceased . . .

It doesn’t matter how many times I say it or how many different names I give it, it still means the same thing. One of these days I’ll be nothing but a passing memory, a familiar face in a forgotten photo. But there are three things I need before this life of mine ends . . .

I need to tell him I love him more than life itself.
I need to feel the strength of his arms wrapped around me just one more night.
Most of all, I need him to forgive me.

Eight years ago I broke the heart of the only man I’ve ever loved and today I’m moving home in hopes that he’ll let me put it back together. I’m not sure how many breaths I have left, but I’ll use each and every last one fighting for what I destroyed.

My name is Laney Jacobs and this is my journey. 




Review
When I read the synopsis to this book I was immediately hooked. I was desperate to read this one and I am so glad that I got this arc. I haven’t read the first book in the series but there wasn’t a reason to. This book and the one before it are stand alones but I will definitely picking up the first book. There was something special about this book and it was definitely a great read.

“I want nothing more than to dive inside and drown in his soul. Resurfacing is not an option because I need him more than I need his next breath.”

Laney was a great character in this story. She was brave, strong, fierce, and amazing. She was a fighter from day one. Even when she walked away from the love of her life she was still doing what she needed to do. She returned home to fight for the love she never wanted to give up in the first one. Laney came home to the one place that she knew where she could fight for her life. Her journey was tough and full of hard moments but she was able to be strong for her family and the people she cared about most. Laney was feisty and never gave up on Levi. She came home and fought for him.

“You’re not going anywhere, Lane. I won’t let you. I’ll hold onto you and I’ll never let go.”

Levi. *sigh* I fell in love so hard with this man. We met him in book one but because I didn’t read it this was the first time I met him. Levi is sweet, caring, kind, and completely swoon-worthy. Levi loves so fiercely that when he lost Laney he never really gave her up. He never really got over it. Laney leaving was also half his fault but I loved that he knew that. He knew he was being selfish but he couldn’t stop himself. There was something very real about Levi’s character. He had his moments of hard-headedness and he has his stubborn moments. I loved him through this entire book. He was the rock that Laney needed.

“I told you I was doing this with you, and I meant it. If you cry, I cry. If you break, I break.
“If I die?” I whisper breathlessly.
“Then you’ll take me with you because you‘ve ruined me, Laney. I’m no good for anyone else because you own me. So if you go, I go.”

This story was definitely a special one. It took you in and completely consumed you until you finished. It was powerful, heartfelt, full of hope, and realistic. I don’t think that there is much that I would change about this book. It was a journey of love, friendship, and courage. There was also strength and forgiveness, it was about survival and living life to the fullest. Laney and Levi’s story was one that you can fall in love with. It was emotional and brought you to tears but there were moments that were so beautiful that you started to tear up anyway. The writing was flawless and it brought laughter and lightness to a story that could have been too heavy and emotional. K.C. Grayson has hooked me and now I need the other books, like yesterday.

“I’m in this, for better or worse. I want forever with you, Laney, and that forever started the second you drove back into town.”




Reading Order

  


Connect with K.L.   Grayson






No comments :

Post a Comment