March 30, 2015

REVIEW: Stepbrother Master By, Ava Jackson






Three months.

Three months trapped on a ranch in remote Montana with my mom’s latest husband … and his dark, brooding son.

I shouldn’t care that my new stepbrother’s talent with ropes goes beyond lassoing stray cattle.

I shouldn’t care that his every look says he wants me … but he’s going to fight it to the bitter end.

I shouldn’t care that as the summer rolls on, my fascination overwhelms my better judgment and now I’m dying to call my stepbrother … Master.






Review

This is Ava Jackson’s debut novel. I wasn’t really sure what I wanted from this book, other than I was hoping for some hot Dom action. I definitely got some of that but there was more than that. This was a story about finding love in a place that you shouldn’t. It’s about falling in love without caring about the fall out because you can’t help who you love. This story was fun and flirty but also sexy and definitely steamy. There was a lot more to this story then I thought.

“You’re all I see, Emma. Doesn’t matter if I’m looking at you or not. You’re everywhere. All the time. Under my skin. In my blood.”

Emma has just graduated from Stanford and now she is staying in Montana for three months while her mom enters into her mother’s fourth marriage. Emma wasn’t expecting to meet her new stepfather’s hot son. Emma is a city girl and reading about her experiencing what Montana has to offer. She was very caring and supportive of her mother even though she has gone through so many marriages. Emma was not who I expected her to be, she wasn’t a princess and the new sex life she was discovering didn’t scare her. I liked her for the most part.

“He was just…on another level. Sexy, masculine, in control, effortlessly confident. Even when he acted cold, it only made the rest of him hotter by contrast. And two nights ago I’d glimpsed what he was like when he let himself burn.”

Ford has been working hard to prove that he can run the ranch that his father has built. He went to college and now he has been back running the ranch and earning the respect that he deserves. With his personal life he has different tastes. He demands control in his subs as well as no steady relationship. He has his little black book of subs who know what he wants and that is how he likes it. Until his new almost stepsister comes to live on the ranch. He tries to be cold and distant but his body wants something completely different. Ford was a character that had many sides. He was a Dom that was able to be one without crossing the line to being a controlling asshole. He was caring a sweet when he wanted to be and only with Emma.

“Home. I was home. Emma’s whimpers and moans were the sounds I wanted to echo in my shower for the rest of my goddamn life.”

I really liked this story. There was forbidden love because they were stepsister and stepbrother. There was a steamy dominant Dom. And a heroine that didn’t want to make you rip your hair out. Emma wasn’t naive or innocent even though she didn’t know anything about being a sub. I loved their dynamic. Ford and Emma had instant chemistry as well as insta-lust. There was a lot of tension because they fought it so hard. There was a lot of moments that let you fall in love with both Ford and Emma. Ford was a Dom but he was the one that didn’t care about the consequences when it came to Emma.

“The tight clench of her inner muscles on my cock drove me over the edge, and I just let go- of everything but Emma. Because I was never letting go of Emma.”

Ava Jackson is definitely an author to watch. She created characters that you could relate to and fall in love with. They were funny and loveable. The story was steamy but there was an element of romance. There wasn’t much but there was some. It made the relationship a little hard to believe. Ava Jackson really focused more on the tension and the building of the characters than their romance or even their sex life. I am really excited to see what comes next in this series as well as from Ava Jackson.

“He pouted. Dear God, a Dom and all, and he fucking pouted.”


Connect with Ava


No comments :

Post a Comment