April 1, 2015

BOOK EXCERPT: The Hazards of Sleeping with a Friend (Hazards #5) By, Alyssa Rose Ivy









Synopsis
Warning: Sleeping with a friend might change your life forever.
Sleeping with Kyle was never in the plans. Pretending to be his girlfriend was one thing, but letting our relationship become anything but platonic was another. The problem with mixing friendship with sex is that inevitably feelings get involved, and when that happens there's no turning back.

When Kyle's life fell apart around him, I needed to help, but doing that meant opening myself up to the most terrifying thing in the world—falling in love.






Excerpt

 “You already know I’m screwed up. That secret got out of the bag when I invited you here.” There was something freeing about that. I didn’t have to pretend to be put together for her anymore. Like it or hate it, she now had a hint at how messed up my life was.

“Not any more screwed up than me.” She smiled slightly.

“I guess we’re a lot alike then.”

“I guess so.” She gazed out at a spot somewhere in the distance.

“What are you looking at?”

“Nothing. Just looking.” A tear slid down her face.

Without thinking I wiped away the tear.

She turned to me with her wide brown eyes, and I didn’t think. I leaned in and brushed my lips against hers.

Her lips were soft and welcoming, and a single touch wasn’t enough. I started to move my lips against hers, and she responded, giving me all the encouragement I needed to deepen the kiss. She eagerly welcomed me into her mouth, letting me explore every corner as her hands twisted in my hair. I wrapped my arms around her, needing her closer than she could ever be.

I couldn’t get enough of her taste, half sweet and half a minty flavor lingering from her toothpaste. Her body felt so warm pressed against mine.

Finally we broke the kiss.

She stumbled back out of my arms. “Wow.”

“My thoughts exactly.” I was probably grinning like an idiot. 

“I can’t believe we did that.”

“I can. I’ve wanted to for a long time.” It was even better than I expected. She was so responsive, and there was none of the usual first kiss awkwardness that could sometimes ruin the moment.

“So have I.”

“There’s only one problem though.” I looked right into her eyes.

“And what problem is that?” She raked her teeth over her bottom lip.

“I want to do it again.”

“Then do it.” She started into my eyes intently.

“Ok then.” I leaned in. She didn’t need to tell me twice.





Reading Order

           



About Alyssa

Alyssa Rose Ivy is a New Adult and Young Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment